Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weeks 19, 20, 21 and 22!

We've been so busy, but I haven't stopped thinking about this little sweety in my belly! Before we left for China I had a doctor's appointment. My doctor hadn't planned on doing an ultra sound, even though she knew we were leaving a week later, so Jimmy didn't come to the appointment. However, as soon as she walked into the room she asked where he was and then expressed how sad it was that he would miss the ultra sound! Yes! It is sad, and I wish he would have been there! But I am very grateful that we got one before we left just to check in on the baby to make sure things were looking ok before we crossed the ocean to a new place. The baby was crossing it's legs at first but later the doctor was able to get a very clear shot to tell us that we are having a BOY! I was so happy and so excited to get home and tell Jimmy! I stopped by the store and got a little sleeper that said, "Little Brother" on it and had Ali pull it out of the bag when I got home. Everything else in the ultra sound looked good too, so that's great. I have been so much more relaxed about this pregnancy than lthe ast one. It helps to have a successful pregnancy. I have been back to read some posts from when I was pregnant with Ali and I just do not feel the same way as I did then. (maybe I've already mentioned this, but it amazes me ever time I read old posts.) I'm still so excited to hold our little baby boy and to cuddle him and love him, but I feel very calm about it too. I don't wait around all day, counting the number of times he has moved, or worry that he's not alive in there. It's been great walking around so much! I was afraid I would be so tired, and I was the first few days we got to Shanghai, but now I feel fantastic! Even with carrying Ali around so much, I still feel great. I know it will be quite an adjustment but I'm getting way excited to be a mother of two!(These face shots are freaky... unless it's your own baby, then it's just so cute!)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Jimmy Jr, and Peter Jr. are just going to carry on the tradition of ridiculous behavior I'm sure. But just to insure that it continues,.. let's be neighbors,.. and Ali can have big sisters to boss her around,.. won't this be AMAZING!?!? Love you guys and I am so excited for you!!

helen said...

So glad Julie your pregnancy is going well! It's fun to SEE the little cutie!