Tuesday, November 22, 2011

32 Weeks and a few Miracles

It's been a rough two weeks. Very rough. We have been on such a roller coaster about this whole delivery thing. Ever since the appointment with Dr. Jia we have gone back and forth on whether or not I should go back to the states. Everything would be so easy at home but we would be away from Jimmy, which is no small thing. Even though I really wanted to go home I just couldn't bring myself to click the "purchase" button for the airline ticket. I attributed it to my being a procrastinator and just figured that I would put it off until the last minute and end up being so stressed.
On Sunday I got set apart for my calling. I've had the calling for almost two months but for some reason the setting apart didn't work out until this last Sunday.... and I can see exactly why now. The blessing (can I call it that?) was so amazing. The first bit was about my calling and then he went into what we were going through in our life and family at this point in time. As soon as he began to talk about my pregnancy and our lives here I felt an amazing warmth all over my whole body. It just washed over me and was the best feeling. I didn't want it to end. It was so comforting and peaceful. I never doubted that the Lord was aware of what we are going through, but I didn't expect to have such an amazing experience during this time. I am so grateful for it and have thought about it so many times since Sunday. I am so grateful for the priesthood and that Heavenly Father poured out so much love to me in this time of need. I felt then that everything was going to be ok. I still didn't know what that was an still struggled with the decision of whether to go home or not.
I was supposed to make phone calls to a different hospital on Monday but after visiting teaching and a little Ali break down in the afternoon, I didn't end up having time to do it. I'm sure I could have made it happen, but I just didn't feel motivated and again, just chalked it up to being a procrastinator.
Today, I ended up skying with a few family members and while I was skyping with my parents, telling them that chances were good we would be back in the states next week, my phone rang 5 different times. We finished our skype-call and I saw that it was a sister in our ward who had been calling me. She is actually the wife of the counselor who gave me the blessing on Sunday. Anyway, I called her back and received miracle #2. She knew about all the issues I was having finding a doctor and she has had Dr. Xu for her last two babies so she knows how good it would be if we could have her as our doctor. Well, she told me that she was driving past the hospital today and the thought came to her that she needed to call them to see what she could do about helping me find a doctor. She got in contact with Dr. Xu and explained that we wanted to come see her but the front desk told us we couldn't. Dr. Xu said that she never told them that she didn't have room in her schedule and made an appointment for us to come in this Friday at 4:30! What?! I didn't even know what to say. What a blessing and a miracle.
So as much as I would like to be in an environment that I am comfortable with (America), there are so many big things happening to keep us here. It's not necessarily what I would choose, but I'm happy to do what the Lord has planned for us and excited to see what the future holds as we try to follow that plan.
We will go to the appointment on Friday and if everything goes well, we get to have Dr. Xu and we will be having a Chinese baby. Hope he doesn't want to run for President some day.

3 comments:

hayley said...

You are so brave! And you have so much faith. I am so happy for your miracles and that you feel at peace with what is happening. China is so confusing, so technically savvy but so dirty and poor looking. What will that hospital be like! I delivered Luke in an old yucky hospital that had one shower for the whole maternity floor, but I worked there first so I knew the people and what I was getting into. Having a baby in Utah was the ultimate child bearing experience. It's amazing the small details that made me feel better and allowed me to enjoy it. Hopefully you don't have any complications. Bryn had her baby at home and it's amazing how natural child birth can be. I have had anything but natural experiences so I would be freaking out about China, but I guess I have already told you that everything about China would freak me out. You inspire me to be more adventurous and to LIVE! Can't wait to hear the name, or did I miss that, something Chinesey??

Crazyloca said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I cannot believe that this all happened after our conversation. This is truly amazing and I look forward to hearing all about an amazing dr appt!
love ya!

helen said...

S.M.I.L.E. HIP-HIP-HORRAY!! Hope all goes well at the doctors!