Friday, November 25, 2011

33 Weeks

I got home from my appointment with Dr. Xu a couple hours ago. We relaxed a little bit over dinner, put Ali to bed and now here I am. The appointment went really well. Dr. Xu is so normal! She did an ultra sound to make sure the baby was head down, which he is, and also measured his size. He is measuring exactly on target- 33 weeks 0 days. We chatted about the chances of me needing a c-section based on his size and she said there is no reason I would need a c-section. I told her what the other doctor had said and she just laughed and couldn't believe she had said that. She hoped that I had just misunderstood her. There's little chance of that since she just kept repeating the instructions to stop eating and to exercise more. Dr. Xu said that since I had a baby that was over 8 pounds without any complications and no vacuum or forceps, that I could even have up to a 9 pound baby without any problem. Not that I'm planning on that, but it was just so nice to hear that the doctor had a little confidence in me and in herself as a doctor. I feel so comfortable with her as my doctor. I'm now actually looking forward to giving birth again and am excited for my next appointment with Dr. Xu.
I'm still feeling great but there are some times that my back kills from all the stroller/child lifting. Luckily after I'm home and relax for a bit I feel totally fine.
I can't wait to meet this little boy and to introduce him to his big sister! I'm also so happy that Jimmy and I will be together for his birth.

2 comments:

helen said...

So glad you are in Dr. Xu's care, she sounds WONDERFUL! Can't believe this little boy is coming so soon!

Crazyloca said...

I am so thrilled for the good news. I was on pins and needles all weekend waiting to hear how it went! Yippee for normal Drs! xo