Sunday, December 18, 2011

36 Weeks!

We have entered the LAST MONTH!!! Yay! I'm so excited and a little nervous. The things I'm nervous about are these:
Having a baby in a Chinese hospital with a Chinese doctor. Although, everyone that I have talked to has said it was a great experience.
Putting two little ones to bed at night. This one might be my biggest. Ali is still so young and while she loves going to sleep, she also loves to be held for 15-30 minutes before I put her in her crib. I am nervous that I'm not doing a good job coming up with, and teaching a sleepy-time routine that is going to work well with two babies.
Sleep deprivation. I have gotten so used to sleeping 8 hours or more, depending on how early I go to bed. My friends who have recently had babies are posting ditties about how tired they are and I'm kind of remembering how exhausting it is to have a new baby. But I'm sure I don't remember the full extent of the exhaustion.
But the things I'm excited about are these:
Seeing two little sweeties running around together and giggling. Ali is getting SO funny and tonight I just pictured her running around with her little brother at this time next year; getting all giddy for Santa to come and eating cookies before dinner.
That new baby in my arms, so sleepy and cuddly. I love how they are so sleepy when they are first born and will just sink into you with their heavy little head.
A whole new round of "firsts". I can't wait to see his first smile, hear his first laugh, watch him roll over for the first time.
His baby blessing. I have always loved baby blessings. I don't know what it is exactly. Of course it is a special thing. I have always felt so happy for the family blessing their new baby. It's such a sweet moment. They are beginning their journey back to their Heavenly Father.
The list could go on and on but the point is that we are so happy that our little sweetie is coming so soon.
I am going to the doctor tomorrow and we'll see what she has to say. I'm sure I have gained a billion pounds. My sciatic nerve has been in permanent pinch mode for several weeks and it has me housebound. Add that to the fact that we got an oven and I've been baking and I would guess I've gained more weight since my last appointment than I have since I moved to China. Oh well. There are worse things than gaining 5 pounds. Luckily there's no chocolate here, or we could have probably doubled that!

1 comment:

helen said...

Exciting times ahead like: having a baby in CHINA, TWO sweeties to love (three if you count Jimmy-hehe), saying good-bye to 8 hours of sleep, and hopefully soon to the sciatic pinched nerve.