Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Faith of a Child

Dear Baby,
We are so blessed. Your Aunt Rachelle just told me something beautiful. She told me about when your cousin Juliana started fasting last year after she was baptized in July. Rachelle asked her what she was going to fast for and she told her mom she was going to fast for me. Juliana didn't know why she was fasting for me but felt like she should. That just touches my heart more than words can express.
Daddy also told me about another close friend of ours that has been praying for me. I don't see this person very often. Maybe once a year. But every morning he prays with his family. They pray for whoever comes to their mind and they kept thinking of me. I am so grateful to him and his family.
These things show me that my Heavenly Father is watching over me and cares for me. At some points during the past year I was not able to fast or pray for myself. But I had no idea, until now, that I was receiving strength because of the faith of a small child and a good friend. I know that it was because of people like them that I was able to get through last year. My Heavenly Father carried me through those times. He is always aware of us and will make our burdens light.
We are loved!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

hayley said...

I read your latest post today thinking, "WOW she is so positive and enjoying her pregnancy so much she feels bad her husband isn't experiencing the same thing" That was so weird to me -I don't exactly enjoy being pregnant:) and wish Will could take a turn to see how hard it is-. So I thought I would check back farther and see if you ever felt sick and I read this sweet post. What a beautiful testimony. Also I understand your sincere appreciation for being pregnant after a miscarriage-something I have never had. It reminded me how important trials are because they help you feel the joy in the good times and bring you closer to our Savior.

Glancing through these posts did bring back the feelings of excitement of the first pregnancy. How special for your little girl to go back and read these thoughts!