Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 34

What a great week! We are getting SO excited for this little cutie-pie!
A new thing for this week is that I just realized I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks. I was talking to my sister on the phone and she helped me identify that crazy tight stomach feeling as Braxton Hicks. It's funny because I've been having them for weeks but I thought it was just the baby causing it. In fact, I mentioned it in week 32 or 33 as the baby pushing her back against my stomach. But it's definitely Braxton Hicks. How exciting! However, it can be a sign of dehydration so I've been trying to drink more water, just in case.
The other new thing that has started up is that pain you get in the ligaments in the upper thighs just under the baby belly. I asked Jimmy's aunt (she's a baby nurse) about it and she told me the name but I forgot. When the belly gets bigger it's more for the ligaments to handle so you get lovely pains when you walk, stand, move- anytime really. It just hits you out of nowhere and makes you want to curl in a ball on the ground. But it comes and goes quickly. No big deal. It helps to not be on your feet a lot.
This next update is somewhat related to the ligament issue. Our doctor, who is usually quite good with his words, referred to our sweet girl as "hefty" at our appointment on Wednesday. Needless to say, this is not a term that we will be using to refer to her later in her life. What girl wants to be called hefty? But chubby is cute for a baby! The other bit of info is that her head measurements are "generous"- another choice word from our doctor. What were my feelings as I left that appointment? Fear, anxiety, worry. I am so excited to see this little (hefty) girl, but now I'm a bit hesitant about her evacuation plan. But there's only one way out so I'm coming to grips with it. Of course there is always c-section. Anyway, we'll see. I'm just going to go with the flow. We have another appointment on the 22nd so we'll see what the doc has to say then.
Lately I've been feeling like Barbara Stiesand in Funny Girl- the part where she puts that pillow in her dress to sing, "His Love Makes Me Beautiful". I love that movie! I always die laughing at that part. She does the awkward dance so well with that huge pillow under her dress. That's pretty much how I'm starting to feel. Now if I could just sing like her we'd be set!I ask my looking glass, "What is it??!"

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Evacuation Plan,... you had me rolling on the floor with that one! SO funny!!! You will be fine! I'm sure that baby girl will just be so itty bitty! I am getting so anxious FOR you! You are so cute! You look stunning!

The Galley's said...

Julie,
You are so cute! Congratulations on the baby girl coming, that is so exciting!!
My mom told me that she saw you in 1st ward awhile back, wish I could of seen you. My sister said you had a blog, so I wanted to check it out. Congratulations again on the baby, I'm so happy for you, and your family!
Marcie

helen said...

You look beautiful! Sorry about the aches and pains. I expect Jimmy to say that you sang all the way to the delivery room. Water is the key - drink up and be merry!

Annie said...

almost one month left! wow. time flies... for us at least ;) braxton hicks... i would have ben touch the belly; it was hard like a rock! so funny.
don't worry about the doctor estimating her weight. really, there's absolutely no way the doctor knows. a friend of mine just delivered last week and was told that her boy would be at least 8 lbs. he was born at 6 lbs 3 oz.
plus, if she's chubby, we all love a chubby baby! (my brother teases shiloh whenever we're looking for something--he says, "shiloh ate it! it's in her cheeks." we don't want her to lose her chubby cheeks!)

Damien, Kelli, Elias, and Liam said...

Our little guy always gets the hiccups at night too; they keep everybody up. I wouldn't worry too much about the little one being "hefty". When I was prego with Elias, my Dr. told me he was going to be abnormally large. He was big at 9lbs, but I was thinking like in the teens! My doc says some women are meant to bear children...and it doesn't matter the size of the baby - it could be 6lbs or 14, the delivery will be the same. Other women just don't have the body makeup for birthing, no matter the size of the baby. Unfortunately, you gotta go through the delivery process to find out. :( Have you guys taken birthing/prenatal classes? I've found the trick to easy delivery is to (try to) arch your back like a scared cat, and then bear down and push. That's just what worked for me; everybody is different. You look great by the way. Loves!

HrncirikHome said...

I remember my doctor telling me that Joseph had a huge stomach and that he was a large baby. When he emerged, I was expecting this 3 month old to pop out and say "hi". I couldn't figure out what the doctors were saying..."big baby"... He seemed little to me. Matthew on the other hand, he really did look like a 3 month old. You just wait. You'll be surprised at how small she is!

Crazyloca said...

ha! i love that movie. you look so great...so fun to rub the belly this weekend! xo