Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 33

I think Jimmy is gearing up for this little girl... it took hardly any coaxing at all to get him to wear pink to church! He looks so handsome!
It has been a great week! I have been sleeping almost 6 solid hours which hasn't happened for months! I usually wake up around 2 am, then 4 am, then 6 am- but this week I have sleep all the way till 5 am! I feel like superwoman!
For several weeks I have been noticing rhythmic movements in my belly. I could not figure out what's going on in there! I was starting to get a little worried. I thought maybe she was having a seizure or something! Then a couple days ago it dawned on me that it's the hiccups! She gets them every night around bed time and usually one other time during the day. Now that I know what they are I think it's cute. I do feel bad for her though. Hiccups are annoying to have!
We've been very productive in the evenings this past week. We continue to work on the rocker and also bought a cute little antique dresser from craigslist that we are redoing. I'm pretty positive it will be done this week. I did have a little crazy moment last night while trying to decide exactly what color everything should be. You just want everything to be just right for your first baby. Really the baby has no clue what's going on so it's all in my head. Anyway, before I bought the crib I really debated whether it should be black or white. I went with the black one but yesterday I had serious doubts about it. Jimmy almost started boxing it up for me but I told him to just wait and let me think about it. I'm sure as soon as I get the white one here I'll wish I had kept the black. I could go back and forth forever! After a good night's sleep my logic has kicked in and I realize that it doesn't matter if it's black, white, or lime green. All that matters is that she's coming and we get to be with her and take care of her! But we're having fun planning and working on everything together.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Julie,.. you are making me baby hungry! Stop right now! ;) you are so cute,.. I love your belly pictures and I can't believe she is almost here. You should post pictures of your baby bedding and stuff, so I can make some stuff for you! You look STUNNING and are just glowing! And so is Jimmy! So cute!! love you guys!

Annie said...

You are so right. It doesn't matter what the rooom looks like. She's gonna be with you!!

The Palmers said...

I need to get James a pink tie! Cute couple (+ little baby).
I just started realizing those rhythmic movements were hiccups too! Kinda cute now... makes me laugh. Can't wait to see your baby room stuff.. I know it'll be so cute.

helen said...

Hiccups! How fun is that! I think the black crib is beautiful, it is just perfect. Yes, Jimmy think pink, your world will be nothing but cute girl things, all those darling bows and...

BarbaraJo said...

You look tiny!! I envy those few weeks you have on me. I want to see pictures of baby's nursery.