Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 32

I think this is really happening! This baby is really going to be here someday! I was reading back through some older posts and remembering when I didn't really believe that all of this was real. But here we are, 8 weeks away from the beginning of this little one's life! And I'm looking forward to this next step in my life- a time when I will learn and grow in ways I can't imagine. But I think I'm ready for it. Well, I don't know how ready I'll ever be, but I know I'm willing to give it all I've got.
This has been a really fun week! We put together Baby's crib and have been working on reupholstering a rocker for the nursery.
The official reading of the instructions!
The final product!
Below is the rocker, made at some point in time when vinyl was very in! There were only about 2 billion staples in it. But we got them all out and we're almost ready to paint it. We have officially entered into a BIG stage! I guess it's just big and bigger from here on out! It seems like some days there is more growing going on than others. Yesterday was a growing day and I was feeling kind of uncomfortable. Moving from a seated position was way hard- if it wasn't so hot, I may have never gotten out of the car!
Luckily today it's feeling more manageable. One thing she has been doing all day long for the past 3 days is pushing her little back against my belly. It's hard to explain but I'm sure if you've been pregnant you know exactly what I'm talking about. The right side will go out and turns super hard! I can tell exactly when she's about to pull this move without even looking now. What a funny girl!Since the beginning of this pregnancy I was a little worried that I would have trouble breathing the larger I got. I think it must be a blessing from Heavenly Father- he knows that I would have had a really hard time with that because of past issues. I'm grateful for those tender mercies.
I felt a tinge of nervousness this last weekend about the actual birthing process. I expressed those feelings to Jimmy and he was good about reassuring me. I'm glad he's going to be there with me to remind me that I can do this. He's going to be a great coach.

2 comments:

helen said...

Hey Jimmy that crib would have been a lot easier to put together if you have turned the manual right side up! he he The crib is beautiful! About painting - if I am not mistaken, pregnant ladies shouldn't be around paint, so get to work Jimmy. Where did you get the chair? Glad to hear the little miss is moving around and stretching a bit. Julie, I would just sit in one soft chair all day and don't worry...too much.

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Crazy that you only have 8 weeks left! I'm glad Jimmy actually reads the directions, the crib turned out beautiful! Most men would have just started putting it together :) I can't wait to see the chair! Enjoy relaxing even though it isn't comfortable... you should watch an entire television series before she gets here. That's my idea :)