Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Week 30

Week 30 has been great so far. She has been pretty quiet the majority of the week. I don't understand why she'll move a lot one day and then she'll be really quiet for days in a row. I wish she wouldn't do that to her mom. I get worried! I just have to remind myself that she's been fine till now and that she's still fine.
I have heard a lot of stories from mothers who encounter very "helpful" strangers. I had my first experience with a helpful stranger this week. I was at Hobby Lobby buying fabric to make the baby's crib bumper. I was talking to the nice lady at the fabric counter and she was helping me figure out how much fabric I would need, when a lady next to me turned around with the biggest look of shock on her face. She looked at me then looked at my fabric and said, "You can't use that fabric for a crib bumper! It has not been approved for baby bedding! It has to meet a lot of standards to be used for that!" I didn't really know what to say. I felt like the world's worst mom and I don't even have a child yet! It just goes to show how much I have to learn! I didn't even think about that kind of thing. There I was buying fabric just so my baby would have a cute room. I'm learning really fast that function is more important than fashion. Oh, that's a hard concept when it comes to decorating!

2 comments:

Thayn Family said...

O my goodness... Only 65 days to go!! I would have never thought about the baby approved fabric either so don't feel bad at all! Only awesome mom's make their baby's baby bumper! I love you and your little angel.
xoxo Auntie Jaxie

helen said...

I must not have any standards, because I think, yes, this is my thoughts and not mommy approved, that you can use any fabric you want for crib bumpers. By the way, what are you doing making bumper padding?? REST NOW you will never get it in 65 days!