Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 31


With only TWO months to go, I am in the middle of my first craving! I am craving a kolac! If it weren't Sunday I would be in the car screeching around corners to the nearest kolac shop. I want one so bad that I'm willing to bake it from scratch. Even though it's 7:30 pm I searched through my mom's recipe box for Mamo's kolac recipe- no luck!! How depressing! It's just my luck to crave something on a Sunday and then not be able to find the recipe! I didn't know a craving could make you feel this desperate. Fortunately I was able to keep my head and remain somewhat rational. I'm settling for a biscuit (we had some in the fridge) and raspberry jam.
Besides the near-death-craving, things are going great! The baby has been moving like her previous self today. I think she was just so sad to have her daddy gone all last week and was too depressed to move! It's been fun to have her move around- we watched my belly move around all during church today- when we weren't staring at the adorable newborn girl who was sitting in front of us.
We're expecting the crib to get here this week and then we will be moving forward full speed ahead!
p.s. a kolac is a Czech pastry. My Mamo always made them and she passed the recipe on to my mom. We grew up eating them but it wasn't until we moved to Houston that we discovered that other people know about them too. There are so many Czechs in the area that kolac are sold in gas stations, donut shops, etc. They are very tasty!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see what the crib and all your bedding looks like! This baby girl has got one creative mamma!! Love you guys!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

You are looking SO darling! At least I don't even know what kolac is... but I'm sorry you couldn't find any :) I can't wait to see your nursery!

helen said...

Clueless!! I am so glad I am not the only one who doesn't know what a kolac is. So what is it? Cute little baby belly! Take pictures of the baby room, we all excited to see!

makana hansen said...

You are such a cute lady with a cute belly!