Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 29


This week baby girl has been practicing for her ballerina days! She is spinning and turning all over in my belly! It was so crazy a couple nights ago that I could not sleep. I have read that the baby can move a lot at night and keep you up but I never thought it would happen to me. Her moving has never really bothered me before. But I guess she is getting big enough now and when she gets moving it feels so strange! It's like there is a huge bowling ball in my stomach and it's turning and moving my insides around! Such a crazy feeling! But I love it- knowing that she is alive and growing makes me so happy!
We have an appointment in a couple days and I can't wait to go in and hear her heartbeat! I have been wondering if we get to see her again (in an ultrasound) before she makes her grand entrance in October so I will have to ask our doctor. I have also been thinking about taking a birthing class or something. I have time, and it couldn't hurt, right? Have any of you ever taken any birthing classes or anything of the sort?
And what is your opinion on rockers and gliders? I have heard that some people don't like the gliders because it doesn't give them the rocking motion that they want. On the other hand, some people like that a glider is more smooth. Maybe it's just personal preference. And maybe neither of these is a big deal. Is a stationary, comfortable chair just as good?

6 comments:

Thayn Family said...

I can't believe you are 29 weeks along! You are almost there and I can't wait to meet your darling baby girl with eyes that go BLUP BLUP :) I just had a plain old rocking chair that I really like because of the rocking motion (and it was 40 bucks at HEB) and I never took a birthing class. But I think your right, if you have time it couldn't hurt.

helen said...

Little Miss Newton is just doing a few plies and when she is really moving a pirouette or two. Hope you get to SEE her on your next visit, she may even wink at ya! Jimmy liked the rocking chair. If you do take a birthing class it has to be the TWO of you-OK Jimmy.

Amanda said...

What a miracle life is! I didn't take any classes, and I wish I had, just to get a better idea of what birth was really all about. I don't know how you feel about it being a natural birth or not,.. but it doesn't hurt to know what you are going into when it comes to delivery. Also,.. I have a wood rocker, and I HATE It! Peter was super cute in getting it for me,.. but I would have much rather had a glider, or a comfy stationary chair,.. I actually would go with the stationary,.. they are easier to nurse in(I think!) Good luck! Love ya!

Ann Warner said...

Hey Julie, it's Ann :). If we had no worries for money I would get one of those barca loungers, the full on comfy chair that rocks...perhaps that is a rocker!? Anyway our sister-in-law has one and it is so comfy and she uses it for most feedings! But some sort of rocking does help to get a baby to sleep!! As for the birthing classes, why not! It should make the experience that much better! :)

Crazyloca said...

Hey girl...just weighing it. I would think a glider would be my pick...but not a single one of my babies would have any kind of chair...they refused to nurse if their little feet touched anything...so we did the couch. You might just LOVE the comfy recliner in your bedroom...that would be my pick if I was a betting woman.
Birthing classes...well, we never did one, I just read all the books on the different birthing methods (bradley, hypno, lamaze, natural, etc) felt like they helped me "feel informed" but really, I forgot almost everything when it was all going down.

Mamma Dayhuff said...

Come over Julie and we can have our own private birthing class--- and i would get a comfy padded recliner--- then when you are up in the night with a little one that doesn't want you to put her down.. you can snooze a little. Much better than a hard rocker or glider.