Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 36

What an amazing week! It has been so exciting and exhausting! I had a wonderful baby shower on Saturday. (And then after the shower we actually got this beautiful rain! How appropriate!) I know I didn't need to get anything ready for it, but you know how it goes. I did a little too much and ended up with some awesome kankles! But it didn't stop at the kankles! It looked like I got kankles, and then rolled those kankles! It was amazing! I thought they would stay that way for the rest of the pregnancy but they have gone down. It's fun getting to experience that part of pregnancy- looking down and wondering whose body you're looking at!

So back to the baby shower- it was so wonderful! I had 3 Amazing hostesses: My lovely and talented sister, Andrea, Jimmy's amazing aunt, Ruth, and my sweet surrogate grandma, Velma.
They put together such a nice party with delicious food, a gorgeous table and fun games. I was overwhelmed by everyone’s kindness in coming all the way out to the house and for their generous, adorable gifts! Really, I couldn't get over it for the rest of the day! It was so sweet and more than I ever imagined! Jimmy and I are so grateful and humbled!

The next exciting thing is that when I woke up today I could not help but notice that the baby has dropped!! It is SUCH an interesting feeling! My belly feels and looks totally different! I know that there are no guarantees on the timing after the baby drops, but I like to think that it means something GREAT is about to happen!




1 comment:

helen said...

What a SHOWER!! Ruth, Andrea and Velma did an AMAZING job! The pictures of the food table looks absolutely beautiful and quite delicious. That gift pile was huge! Everyone was extremely generous - you have some wonderful friends and family that care about you. HOW FUN!! Little Miss Newton will look so cute in all her many outfits!