Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 37

We've waited for October to come for so long and it's finally here! I can't believe we only have 3 weeks until we get to see our little girl! Jimmy and I still don't feel like this is real... we really are going to bring a baby home with us soon!
I still feel great! When I compare the discomfort of her being in my belly (which is pretty much zero) with the discomfort of labor (which is NOT zero) I will take the baby in the belly. So am I ready for her to be out? Not really. But if she doesn't come out, I don't get to see her. So then yes, I am ready for her to be out. I'm just excited for labor to start so it can end with a beautiful, sweet baby!
I can tell she is getting ready to be out in the world. She is becoming so aware of what's going on out here. This week, she has started to react to noises. I was at Walmart last night and someone dropped something and she jerked. She does this a couple times a day. Even when I feel like the noise isn't very loud, she'll jump. She is already, in a way, relating to life. I so appreciated conference and all that I learned about children and parenting. I'm so glad that I have guidelines and counsel to use when raising this sweet spirit. I hope I don't mess her up too bad.
Our appointments have all been good these past few weeks. My cervix is soft and the nurse can feel the baby's head. I'm excited to go in this Wednesday and see if I have dilated at all. I'm not counting on it, just curious. The nursery is pretty much finished. Well, I'm always thinking of new touches to add... the longer I wait, the more I think of. I'm sure Jimmy is praying she'll get here soon so I'll stop working on it! The same thing happened when we went ring shopping. The first time we went, I picked out a beautiful ring. A couple months later, we went ring shopping again and I picked out another beautiful ring- only this time it was bigger. Very soon after that, he proposed. I guess he knew what would happen if he kept waiting!
This past week, a great friend took some maternity pictures for me. I wasn't thrilled about posing in my hugeness but it's good to document this fun time. Plus, the photographer was so comfortable to be around and I had another great friend there to help.
This is a picture she took using our camera.
And my personal favorite: one that Jaxie took!

I always feel more comfortable making a face!

3 comments:

helen said...

It IS October!! Two wonderful things happen in this month. You 2got married and Little Miss Newton will join the family, well I guess there is one more thing, it's Julie's favorite holiday -HALLOWEEN. Julie, there is nothing as pretty as being pregnant, your true beauty shows through and you look so happy. Labor is over rated, just have your little October pumpkin at home...in the hallway...like her Daddy. Hope all goes well this week.

BarbaraJo said...

It's the final countdown. Yay! So excited for you!

Crazyloca said...

Happy Late Anniversary btw...you look awesome...we are getting so excited to see her!