Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 38

Last week I was so sure that the baby was on her way SOON... as in maybe this week soon. Every night, as I was going to bed, I was sure that I would wake up to contractions. But on Wednesday we went to the doctor and he let us know that there is absolutely nothing going on in the dilation station. This was a tiny bit disappointing, but at the same time, really good to know. I have been able to get a lot more done this week without the thought that at the next moment I could be going into labor. It's probably good that I've been able to be a little more active this week because guess what decided to make a comeback after 9 months? My appetite! I have had such little interest in food my whole pregnancy until this week. Now I feel like I could polish off everything in the pantry in one evening. Luckily we only have two more weeks till the baby comes. I think I can keep my appetite at bay for 10 more days.
I am a little less nervous about the birthing process this week. I'm just getting so excited to see her! We sit in the nursery every night and just talk about how exciting it will be to actually have a baby in there with us in two short weeks!

4 comments:

Crazyloca said...

Now that you said all that you are totally going into labor tonight? :) She'll be here before you know it and then you won't remember life without her...can't wait!!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

I can't believe little miss Newton will be here in 11 days (give or take a few)!!! That is so crazy! Sounds like you two are ready though. You need to post pictures of her nursery!!! EXCITING!!

helen said...

I agree, pictures of the nursery-please! Sounds like the baby wants to grow a bit more, when the mommy is hungry then the baby is hungry, right?! Love the fact that you sit in the nusery and look forward to the day that your little one will be here - SOON - Jimmy and Julie as parents - wow - can you believe it - a little one to take care of for all eternity, your own little family begins. What WONDERFUL HAPPINESS!!

hayley said...

Don't know if I've put my two cents in too late, but I was trying to find out if you are doing epidural or not. I have gone natural, epidural, and c-section. And I would recommend epidural especially if she is measuring big. My boys were over 9 pounds and Jade was 10lbs. 10 ounces. The epidural really helps with pushing out a big one and just relaxing in general:) Unless you are really IN LOVE with the idea of going natural I wouldn't do it (I didn't feel empowered like a lot of women do because I just did it to get the birthing process over faster). And after working labor and delivery and knowing what I know now it doesn't slow things down. If that baby is coming, it's coming. I hope and pray for the best, a healthy baby and mom:)