Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 39

This is the end of many things, and the beginning of other beautiful things! We are ending that carefree time of marriage that we've been living for the past 2 years, and all the carefree years before that. This is the end of uninterrupted sleep, being able to pack up and leave in 30 seconds or less, quiet days, and many other things that we will soon find out! We are entering a new phase in life. We get to be parents! Which seems so crazy to me! I'm going to be a mom?! My mom is a mom, my sister is a mom- but me? I never really thought this day would ever come! And it's coming- this week! I can't imagine all the beautiful things that will come with the birth of this little girl!
We are going into the hospital on Wednesday morning and hopefully sometime by Thursday (obviously I'm hoping it doesn't take that long!!!) we will be holding our new baby! Words can't express how we feel, or at least my words. We are so excited and grateful that she is coming!
I'll miss this belly! Of course I'd rather have a baby in my arms, but it's a sweet thing to have a baby growing in you. I have so enjoyed bonding with her and feeling her grow and move. I hope that we will get to have this experience again in the (not too distant) future.
Here are some photos of the baby's nursery. I will still be adding a couple finishing touches this week, but the main things are done. It's very PINK and very GIRLY! (Let's hope the ultrasounds were right or it will be one confused boy!)
Maybe I'm crazy and felt like my baby NEEDED a chandelier mobile. Can you believe they don't sell these? I had to buy a mobile, take it apart and string the beads.

Remember this rocker??
Here it is now! It was a lot of work but totally worth it!
One of our favorite things is this picture of the Salt Lake temple with the words "I'm going there someday.." The best part is we already had the frame and we got the picture for free (just the cost of printing at Costco)! We got it from a sweet girl who has a cute blog: http://www.lilluna.com/ She has a lot of other temple pictures for free on her blog! I think it's awesome that she offers these at no cost!

4 comments:

Crazyloca said...

was that cool clock always above the dresser? i love the temple pic in there...and that you spray painted the frame...i thought you were going to leave it gold...
can't wait to see her and you in a couple of days!!
good luck - we love you

swearingen said...

The nursery is GORGEOUS!!! Your baby girl is going to feel such love and warmth every moment she's there. I'll be thinking of you and your family for a very healthy labor and delivery. If you need anything, I'm only a few hours away :)

helen said...

Oh Julie, the day is arriving and yes - YOU WILL BE THE MOST MARVELOUS MOM! Enjoy this little one in your belly and how easy it is to take care of her now. Hope and pray that all will go well with your delivery. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures. I am so glad you kept us all up to date with this blog, it has been so fun to travel through this journey with you and Jimmy. Love ya. You know Jimmy - you will fall in love all over again with this little precious princess, wow, Jimmy a DAD!!!

The Palmers said...

and now possibly the same DAY?? how fun is that!? i love seeing your style come out in the baby room.. it's so cute. i love that rocker re-done. wow. i'm pretty sure i didn't make anything for the nursery! (don't tell her =)
my heart is skipping a beat thinking about this... 2 days!!! text me at the hospital if you're feeling up to it!