Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Beginning

February 17, 2010

Dear Precious Baby,

I am at home waiting for 12:45 to come around so I can go to my first doctor’s appointment. Daddy and I found out you were coming on Friday, February 12, 2010. We are so excited! I cried when the test said that I was pregnant! I took a picture of it, put it in a frame and wrapped it. I was going to pick up daddy at the airport at 7:30 that night and wanted him to be surprised. Once I picked him up and we started driving I looked for a place we could pull over so I could give him the present. I hoped he didn't notice me shaking as I pulled into a Double Tree parking lot. He was confused but went along with it. I gave him the package and when he opened it he just stared. He got a huge smile on his face and then he looked at me and we held each other while I cried again. He was speechless and so happy. I feel so blessed to have you coming into our lives. We have been waiting and praying for you to come. Right now I feel nervous and very hopeful! I want everything to be ok. This time last year we were going through a very sad time with the loss of another baby. It was the greatest sorrow that I have ever experienced. And in December, we had a doctor tell us that the chances of me becoming pregnant were almost zero. But we didn't give up hope and now you are coming in October! You are our little miracle baby! We have so many dreams for you and for who you will become. We can’t wait to hold you and take care of you! I love you so much already!

Love,

Mommy


The rest of the story: I was sitting at BJ's eating lunch with Jaclyn when we started talking about how we were feeling and why I hadn't started and yada, yada, yada- girl stuff. I got out my calendar and realized that I was definitely over a week late. Not that I had stopped thinking about it, but I had actually stopped counting and paying attention to the date. She said we had to go right away and take a test. Sure enough- pregnant! Who knows how much longer I would have gone without thinking about it... thank goodness for girlfriends and lunch chats!

3 comments:

Annie said...

How wonderful! Love the way you write and describe the atmosphere and experience!
It's hilarious that you took a picture of the pregnancy test... I can see Jimmy confused with a picture of a pee-stick! :)
SOOOOO EXCITING!!!!

Thayn Family said...

That was such a great day! I was so excited for you! It always happens when your not thinking or worrying about it. Im so blessed to be a part of that special day!!!

Crazyloca said...

yippee for a baby!!