Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Announcement

Maybe we should have waited and told my parents that we were having a girl some exciting way, but we just had to call them as soon as we knew. I hope they don't mind! But we did wait a whole 60 minutes (hehe) after our appointment on Saturday till Jimmy's family got to Grandma Newton's so we could announce the gender in person.
Jimmy and I each held a balloon...
We counted to three and then the person holding the boy balloon was supposed to release it so that only the balloon applying to the gender was left... funny Jimmy... he sat there for a second. The suspense was even killing me!
Then he let his go and.... IT'S A GIRL! How exciting!
(I had to include this cute picture with g-ma in it! So cute!)

3 comments:

helen said...

I thought it was such a cute idea! It was fun to have the whole family there to share in the news and have Grandma Newton invovled. Think PINK!!

Annie said...

That was such a cute idea! Oh Jimmy... always so funny. You guys look so happy! lucky little girl

The Palmers said...

haha Love that idea! Ya, I pretty much didn't make any announcement fun for my parents or in-laws, and I'm a little sad about that. Maybe next time. =) Congrats on HALF WAY!! Woohoo!!