Friday, June 25, 2010

Week 23

The weeks seem to be going by so much faster in this second half than they did in the frist. Baby is 23 weeks old today and her momma turned 29 years old this very day! I'm relieved, excited, surprised, and comforted to think of the opportunity to be a mother. It's something that a lot of girls plan on without much thought of whether or not something could go wrong. I know I took the whole process for granted before. I thought you just find someone you want to marry (that part I knew would be hard- but I'm very lucky) and then you just start having babies whenever you want. I never imagined the emotions that come with it even before the baby arrives. I never knew how invested your heart could get in the possibilities and how much reality could hurt. And I know how blessed we are to be expecting this precious girl. And I know that a lot of people have it harder than we did. So today I am grateful. At age 29 I get to become a mother.
I still feel great but the new thing this week is I'm experiencing night-time mind racing. I just get so excited thinking about everything! I try staying in bed but after an hour I get up and look on line at baby stuff, piddle around with hair bows, plan her crib bedding, etc. I feel like I could stay up all night keeping my mind occupied. Last night I stayed up till 3!! Jimmy's favorite question to ask me when he comes in for lunch is, "What time did you wake up this morning?" So waking up at 10:30 every morning is not a good habit... I totally agree! But I don't know what's come over me. I feel like once 10pm hits, my brain kicks into high gear and it won't settle down! At some point over the past 20 weeks I read that this sort of thing can happen. I'm not sure if I should try harder to control it and keep on a tight schedule, or let the craziness run it's course for a couple weeks. Maybe I'll cure cancer or something while I'm up thinking!! You never know!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at that cute belly!! You are SO cute Julie! You are just sleepin in while you still can,.. and that's just great!

helen said...

Having a little one at any age is a blessing, what a lucky little baby girl. OK you are crazy to stay up so late, either you want to get use to this routine knowing that your little baby will be up all hours of the night or you are completely NUTS! Oh-hey-just think of all the scrapbooking you can do...knitting booties... 3 AM decorating or my favorite, sneaking in an extra bite of ice cream.