Monday, July 19, 2010

Doctor Update

So I was supposed to get an ultrasound on my stomach last Friday but I got a call from my doctor's office on Thursday telling me that I failed the glucose test. Since we were leaving town Friday evening I really only had time for one of the two tests. The nurse said that gestational diabetes was more urgent than my stomach pain so I decided to do that one and I canceled my stomach ultrasound. I went into Lab Corp for the 3 hour test and just received a call from the doctor telling me that I do not have gestational diabetes! I am so relieved! The nurse said that judging from the first test that I failed, my body does not do super well with sugar so I should try to avoid large amounts. That's not a problem. But she said that I do not need to go on any specific diet and that I can continue to eat my fruit. I'm just so happy that the baby hasn't had to deal with the effects of gestational diabetes.
I am still interested to know what the pain is in my stomach so I will have the ultrasound on the 26th or 27th for that.

3 comments:

helen said...

YEAH!!! One less thing to worry about, so eat away...we want a healthy 12 pounder! he he

The Palmers said...

I'm worried about my test! It's Monday... so glad to hear yours turned out okay after all. I would be depressed if I had to stop eating my fruits too! No daily smoothie? Dang it! Baby wouldn't be havin it.

HrncirikHome said...

That happened to me to, with the diabetes test, that is. I think that's why my babies were always so huge. We love big babies! How is your stomach pain. I had aweful stomach pain with Elizabeth. It was intense all over, not where I expected heartburn to be, but that's what it ended up being. I thought I was having an intense ulcer or something. But, if pain is on your side...I hope they've figured it out by now or it's gone away.

Good luck! Not too long now!